Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moral lessons from Monty Python: Now THAT'S completely different.



Mr. Vernon "Hello Madam...(comes in)
Mrs. Long Name "Ah, hello...you must have come about..."
Mr. Vernon "Finishing the sentences, yes."
Mrs. Long Name "Oh...well...perhaps you'd like to..."
Mr. Vernon " Come through this way...certainly."
(from "The Man Who Finishes Other People's Sentences"; Monty Python's Flying Circus) 

This is a problem of mine. It recently occurred to me just how arrogant it really is. It's saying, "look, I know what you're going to say, and what I have to say is more important/relevant".  Interrupting is so rude. If I really love other people as I love myself, I'll be quick to hear and slow to speak.

1 comment:

Craig Sturm said...

Sadly, I think you learned that from me!