Monday, February 23, 2009

God is good all the time.

The sovereignty of God is something I've never really questioned. Of course God loves me and has a wonderful plan for my life! I've been taught that as long as I can remember. But recently I've doubted; I've wondered what in the world I'm doing wasting my life in rural Canada. If I'm going to be unemployed, I might have done that just as well in Minnesota, while getting another free year of college credits and continuing under Piper's preaching to boot! (Surely God, You realize this would have been the better plan. Better than your sovereign plan, formed from the beginning of time and working out for my joy and Your glory. ) But I'm realizing that's my problem: I've been so worried about how my life will "work out" that I've forgotten that it already is. I'm a great sinner who has been redeemed by a great savior! My future is secure, my life will not "start" at some other point and it will be a grievous waste if I spend it pining to be something and somewhere I'm not. Praise God that He is patient as I continue to learn the things I already "know".
"This gift for this day. The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived-not always looked forward to as though the 'real' living were always around the next corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow." -Elizabeth Elliot

No comments: