Monday, January 4, 2010

Home, sweet, Res.


The main vibe I've heard most from people returning to residence is, "Man, it's good to be back". Granted, there are some who would have liked a longer break, or who are very sad to leave their families. But most of us were itching to get back to school. Everyone knows the old adage, "home is where the heart is"; when you leave part of your heart with your family and part of it at school, it's just as refreshing to get back to school as it is to be "home". Being in residence without everyone being back just feels lonely, and each time someone else arrives, it's like Christmas morning all over again. I can't wait until everyone comes back (and normally, I'm not the sort of person who feeds off social interactions). Admittedly, I was excited to hear that my classes begin tomorrow rather than on Wednesday...sitting around isn't what I came here to do. And now that I've unpacked and gotten all settled, I'm excited to get back into the full swing of things.
All these musings to say, it's good to be back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also can't wait to get back to school! Home Sweet Dorm! :-)