Saturday, June 20, 2009


Being a somewhat eccentric, plain-looking person, it annoys me when people are judged merely on appearances or first impresssions. So it's been very interesting in this season of formal events when I actually put some effort into trying to look pretty to see how differently people treat me.
For example, a friend of mine decided to straighten my hair (something everyone does up here...except Kelsey). Many people gone out of their way to tell me how good it looks. Will I keep doing it? Probably not. I love the natural curly-ness that God gave me. He knew and planned from the beginning of time that it would be that way; he knows how many hairs there are. How arrogant of me to think I can improve on His design!

2 comments:

Tallsailor said...

Um... Don't ever straighten your hair. (I should say, don't ever make a habit of it.) I would tell you why you shouldn't, but then you'd have to slap me for shamelessly flirting!

Kelsey Sturm said...

Don't worry, I've been doing quite a bit of slapping recently. ;)