Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I'm taking myself to the Christmas Banquet (and no, I'm not just a shrew)




Bluntly put, it's because on the whole, I'm not impressed with the Ambrose boys. (yes, I say "boys", not "men". Not that I have an opinion, or anything.) Also, in this community, you only attend "with someone" if you're dating, a relationship I share with no one, especially these guys I've known for less than 2 months. Why cheapen what it means to be a couple by casually going with a guy I'll probably never promote over the level of friend? It's silly. Besides, according to Brian, I'm too skinny for anyone to ever love me anyway. ;)

Why then do I still go? It's a chance to attend a masquerade and enjoy a formal social event with friends (not to mention food a step above the usual cafeteria fare)! Of course, since it's a Christian school, there is to be no dancing. (cough) We'll see how that goes.

6 comments:

Craig Sturm said...

I'm behind you 100%!!! God has a real man for you in His time. BTW...you are not too skinny to be loved. I've loved you all along, whether you were a chubby little baby or a skinny little toddler, or the beautiful young woman God has shaped you to be!

Stephen said...

ouch...boys. That hurts, but knowing the average 18-19 year old male in american culture, I can imagine that the ones in canada aren't much different. However, be careful... you might hurt their feelings.

As to couples, why make one where there isn't?

Kelsey Sturm said...

Thanks for the reminder to be gracious, Stephen; that was a particularly scathing and arrogant comment for me to make, however true it may be.

Craig Sturm said...

Driscoll called them, "Boys that can shave" in this week's message!

Craig Sturm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucie said...

too skinny. WHAT DO THEY WANT THEN? normal. well, they can't have that either. :)