Monday, November 2, 2009

I've got sunshine...



"Come, my soul, here is a grand feast to begin a dull month with. There may be fogs without, but there should be sunshine within"-C.H. Spurgeon

But from whence does this sunshine come? (yes, I just used "whence" in a sentence...) The quote comes from a devotional on 1st Thessalonians 5:24,  He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. What? Sanctify us wholly, (see previous verse) not allowing us to fall from grace, keeping us blameless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Why? Because He is faithful to His promises. "It is not their own faithfulness, but the Lord's own faithfulness on which the saints rely." Yes, once again I agree with Spurgeon on this one. November may be a long, cold, dreary month, but God is still faithful and good.

2 comments:

Lucie said...

AHA. how funny. I distinctly remember that devotional. Odd that it struck you as well. Kelsey, I am beginning to wish you lived closer.

Kelsey Sturm said...

Well, you could always move to Calgary...;) I do hope to come visit Mpls next summer sometime. We'll see.