Monday, May 3, 2010

In other news:


"What is being home like", you ask. Well, if you add wrestling and BO to this picture, that's pretty much it. ;) We just had a brief discussion about the fact that humans don't lay eggs. I had almost forgotten how odd it is to be a homeschooler. Really, it's not until you leave that you realize how different a homeschool family is (or even how different, and yet eerily similar, homeschool families are to each other). Today, in looking up the Dies irae from Mozart's Requiem for my brother's Latin lesson, I ended up listening to many arrangements of Kýrie on youtube. Simply translated, the phrase "Kýrie eléison" means "O Lord, have mercy". Traditionally, the music accompanying it is gorgeously written in haunting, minor keys. Two examples: Verdi's Requiem and Mozart's version.  It is helpful to be getting a refresher on my Latin, though I fear that if I had to conjugate any words, I'd be  up a certain unsavory creek without a paddle. 

My prayer of late: Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. -Psalm 25:4-6a

No comments: